Slow Cooker Beef Chili
- 15 min
- 5h 45 min
- 15 mL (1 tbsp) olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 455 g (1 lb) lean ground beef
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- Two 540-mL (19-fl. oz.) cans black beans
- Two 398-mL (14-fl. oz.) cans diced tomatoes
- 250 mL frozen corn 15 mL (2 tbsp) chili seasoning
- 2.5 mL (½ tbsp) ground cinnamon
- 15 mL (1 tbsp) sweet paprika
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 500 mL (2 cups) Armstrong Medium Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 250 mL (1 cup) Baxter sour cream
- 1 handful fresh coriander, washed and dried
- Tortilla chips
- In a frying pan, heat the oil and sauté the onion, garlic and ground beef.
- Transfer to the slow cooker with the rest of the ingredients. Mix thoroughly, cover and set to high heat for 5 hours and 30 minutes.
- Serve individually in bowls and top with Cheddar cheese, a small dollop of sour cream and a few coriander leaves.
- Enjoy warm with tortilla chips.
Made fresh everyday, Baxter milk is a delicious part of your day. As a nutritious option, Baxter milk is an excellent source of calcium, protein and vitamin D for the whole family. You can always count on Baxter’s great tasting quality milk.
Baxter’s Cottage Cheese is fresh, tasty and nutritious - perfect for home-made lasagna or as a side dish with any salad or fresh fruit.