Overnight Muesli with Cottage Cheese and 4 Fruits
- 5 MIN
- 5 MIN (+ 12 hours overnight for muesli prep)
- 125 mL (½ cup) old-fashioned oats (do not use instant or quick-cooking oats)
- 60 mL (¼ cup) plus 15mL (1 tbsp) unsweetened apple juice
- 30 mL (2 tbsp) raw almonds or walnuts, broken into small pieces if whole
- 15 mL (1 tbsp) unsalted pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- 30 mL (2 tbsp) raisins
- 30 mL (2 tbsp) dried apricots – chopped
- 30 mL (2 tbsp) large unsweetened coconut flakes
- Pinch of ground cinnamon and freshly grated nutmeg
- 125 mL (½ cup) Baxter cottage cheese
- 30 mL (2 tbsp) fresh pomegranate arils
- 1 kiwi, sliced
- ½ banana, sliced
- 30 mL (2 tbsp) mandarin segments
- 5 mL (1 tbsp) organic honey
- 125 mL (½ cup) Baxter milk
- Place the oats in a medium size glass storage container. Pour the apple juice over the oats and use your fingers to pat the oats down so the surface is moistened. Sprinkle with cinnamon and nutmeg. Cover container with a tight seal lid and leave on countertop to rest overnight at room temperature.
- In the morning, use a spoon to fluff and separate the oats. Stir in almonds, pumpkin seeds, nuts, raisins, apricots and coconut. Place the muesli in serving dish and add the cottage cheese. Garnish with pomegranate arils, kiwi, banana and mandarin orange segments. Garnish with additional nuts, pumpkin seeds and coconut. Pour milk over breakfast bowl, drizzle with honey and serve.
A recipe created by our foodie influencer @simplybeautifuleating
Baxter’s Cottage Cheese is fresh, tasty and nutritious - perfect for home-made lasagna or as a side dish with any salad or fresh fruit.
Made fresh everyday, Baxter milk is a delicious part of your day. As a nutritious option, Baxter milk is an excellent source of calcium, protein and vitamin D for the whole family. You can always count on Baxter’s great tasting quality milk.